The ‘Dream Team’ comes out on top during Floyd’s Flag Football Championship

The Dream Team comes out on top during Floyds Flag Football Championship

Georgia Highlands’ Floyd flag football championship day took place this past Sunday, Oct 26. But in the end, “The Dream Team” came out victorious with a final score of 48-32.

“The season went very well this year. We had a lot of guys and girls that were extremely competitive,” JJ Merritt, assistant men’s basketball coach and Floyd intramurals director, said. The season was actually expanded one week because teams didn’t want to stop playing.

The season began with seven teams and it all came down to two teams: “Team Money” and “The Dream Team.” “I think the best two teams played for the championship,” Merritt stated.

The first half of the game was a back and forth battle between the two offenses with “Team Money” down by six at half time. During half time, both teams made their adjustments, but “The Dream Team” came out stronger, scoring two unanswered touchdowns.

When the game looked over ‘Team Money’s’ defense came through for them with two interceptions which brought their team within six points of “The Dream Team.” As put by Merritt, “The old guys were able to come out on top.”

Both teams left the field showing great sportsmanship towards each other, and predictions for next years game began.