Study abroad options exist for Highlands students

In May, Georgia Highlands College is offering two study abroad trips, one to London and another to Costa Rica.

Both offer course credit in communication. The Costa Rica trip also offers course credit in biology, and the London trip also offers course credit in British literature.

Although the courses are optional, students who go on the trips will take group tours of places and sites of interest.

Some of the sites in Costa Rica include a coffee plantation, a beach on the Pacific, a hot spring and other scenery. In London, students will visit sights such as Big Ben, Parliament, St. Paul’s Cathedral and many more.

EF College Tours is the company through which GHC is conducting the trips. Students will make a $95 deposit with EF College Tours and pay the rest through the GHC Business Office.

Other terms of payment may be available depending on financial aid, but students should check with a financial adviser to be sure.

For more information on prices and other payment options, check the Georgia Highlands website under “Study Abroad.”

Bronson Long, GHC’s director of global initiatives, said of the study abroad offerings, “Both of these trips give students a wonderful opportunity to experience life in another country and take classes related to their trip.”

Students can find more information and links to the EF website for the itineraries of the trips and sign-ups for the trips on the GHC website on the study abroad page, located under “Student Trips.”