FCA Prayer Walk took place at Floyd

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) group at GHC hosted a Prayer Walk on April 21 at the Floyd campus.

The event started in the courtyard next to the GHC tower. Once participants arrived, they were asked to sign in and write all of their prayer requests on an index card. After this, there was a brief message describing the purpose of the Prayer Walk.

According to Leonard Hall, FCA adviser and Client Support Specialist III for the IT department, the purpose of the walk was to pray for GHC and the northwest Georgia communities and to have time with God.

The walk started in the courtyard, went around the gym and library next to Paris Lake and then went around the McCorkle and Lakeview Buildings back to the courtyard.

Once back at the courtyard, refreshments were available and a message was presented by Hall.

Phil Gaffney, head men’s basketball coach and athletic director, was present at the walk. FCA Student Leaders Brooklyn Barron and Diana Cortes were both present in addition to employees at GHC that are involved with FCA.

Participants of the FCA Prayer Walk gather in the Floyd campus courtyard after the walk. Contributed
The participants of the FCA Prayer Walk head down next to the gym and tennis courts at the Floyd campus to Paris Lake. Photo by Joshua Mabry
The participants of the FCA Prayer Walk head down the hill to Paris Lake next to the gym and tennis courts at the Floyd campus. Photo by Joshua Mabry

Leonard Hall, FCA adviser, describes the purpose of the Prayer Walk prior to the walk. Photo by Joshua Mabry