Spring intramurals underway at GHC Floyd campus

Spring is nearly upon Northwest Georgia and classes are in full swing across all GHC campuses. Intramurals are underway at the Floyd campus, and it’s not too late to sign up for one.

There are various forms of intramurals taking place across every campus ranging from videogame tournaments to team sporting activities.

All students are welcome to join in on the varying activities.

Even though many intramurals have started already, it’s not too late to get in on the action.

Georgia Highlands’ Corn Hole tournament started on March 6 in Rome and takes place every Monday at 11:45 a.m.

Dodge ball started at the Floyd on Monday, March 13.

The Six Mile Post cosponsored Ping Pong Tournament started in the student center on Feb. 27.

Registration for these intramurals “still can be done at the intramural table next to the student life offices,” according to JJ Merritt, director of intramurals and assistant men’s basketball coach.

Another way to sign up for the intramurals is by going online to www.imleagues.com/ghcintramurals, creating a personal account and registering for any intramural in Spring 2017.

Another intramural that has already started at the Floyd campus is co-ed 3 on 3 basketball, which started Feb. 21 and is held every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:30 p.m. in the gymnasium.

NBA2K17, FIFA2K17 and Madden Tournaments are already underway as well in the student center and began on Monday, Feb. 21. Registration for these events has already closed.

According to Merritt, “Students can come participate throughout the semester anytime they feel like it.”