Career Fair is coming up soon at Georgia Highlands Floyd campus

GHC’s Student Support Services, Alumni Office and Student Life will be sponsoring a Job and Career Fair for both current students and alumni on April 3 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Student Center on the Floyd campus.

According to Alison Lampkin, alumni development specialist and event coordinator, “The purpose of the event is to connect employers with potential employees – our students and alumni.”

Companies that will be present at the event include the Rome distribution of Coca-Cola Bottling, the Rome Home Depot, UPS, City of Rome, Floyd County Government, Georgia Department of Labor, United Way of Rome and Floyd County, Highland Rivers Health, Floyd Medical Center, Harbin Clinic, Renaissance Marquis Assisted Living, Boys and Girls Clubs of Northwest Georgia, WinShape Foundation, US Army Corps of Engineers, Home Instead Senior Care, Waffle House, T-Mobile, North Georgia Staffing, Rome Cleaners and Kelly Staffing.

Lampkin hopes that Georgia Power, Floyd County Schools, Mohawk Carpet and Flooring, HON Furniture and Lowe’s Distribution Center will also be present.

Lampkin remarked, “Students may bring their resumes to share with prospective employers and they are being encouraged to talk with you about career goals and opportunities in their field of study.”

The Resume Doctor will be looking over resumes during the fair. There will be practice interviews as well to give students a taste of the interview process. GHC faculty members will be the interviewer while students will be the interviewee.

Lampkin said an alumni panel will also be present to answer questions about how they have succeeded and what has helped them along the way.