New Paulding hub opens after a year

The newly opened Paulding campus hub took more than a year to complete, but now fulfills three key goals of helping students, facility management and building relationships with the community.

Christina Hingler, Paulding site manager, said the new hub office space is more efficient and makes it easier than ever for students to get help with any questions or concerns that they have about their enrollment, classes, financial aid and more.

“Renovating the office space gave us a chance to reorganize and create a ‘one stop hub’ for students,” Hingler said. “We are enjoying our new space and are continuing to grow our staff to better help our students.”

One of the key changes to the hub was the designated waiting area and the removal of the glass partition at the front desk.

“The glass separated students from the faculty and removing that was a way to get rid of the separation and create a more personal interaction between student and staff,” said Leslie Johnson, Dean of both the Cartersville and Paulding campuses.

The hub is projected to be fully staffed by early December. Staffing will include Hingler’s role as site manager, a financial aid advisor, academic advisor, enrollment specialist and a campus support official.

After Thanksgiving, the office will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Fridays. The financial aid office will be open from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Mondays and from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday. Academic advising will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays and from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Fridays.

Paulding hub online