Dodgeball tournament highlights Cartersville intramural offerings

Camo Gamecocks from left: CJ Welch, Brandon Hardin, Hunter Horton, Devin Resendiz, Alexis Ladwig and Alan Laudermilk. Photo by Ebenezer Mulugeta.

There are many intramural sports and activities this semester at Highlands Cartersville campus. Coach Melissa Wood, head of all sports and activities on Cartersville campus said, “Dodge ball tournaments, flag football, 3-on-3 basketball, Turkey day 3k and the billiards tournament are just a few past and upcoming events.”

On Halloween, the dodge ball tournament was held. There were prizes for best dressed, first place and all-star team. “The Camouflage Gamecocks won the tournament.” said Coach Wood. The all-star flag football tournament was also played. This game was a team of five star players versus the staff at Highlands; the overall champion was the all-star team. Another flag football, small college tournament was held at Charger Field from Nov. 10 to 13. Wood also spoke about the new upgraded charger field saying, “It has bleachers, team benches and the new painting in the middle of the field of the Charger.”

Team Halloween from left: Nate Ruff, Fred Kittle, Victor Gonzales, Jacob Selless, Matthew Socolaw and Alexis Ruberge. Photo by Ebenezer Mulugeta.

Other competitions included the billiards tournament and the Madden NFL 2013 tournament which began on the Nov. 14. Also, another event on the campus was exciting for runners. The Turkey Day 3k was held on the Nov. 17.

Wood mentioned that the participation in Cartersville campus intramurals is unbelievable and the coaches of the programs wouldn’t be able to do it without the participation of all the athletes. She wants to thank everyone for their participation and for all of us that are interested to check out the website www.chargerintramurals.com. Wood said, “You can find anything and everything on this website such as small college basketball tournaments, you can submit scores and you can find photos of all the sports and activities.”