Leslie Johnson—what do you even do here?

Patrick Daniel
Johnson does various things such as helping to set up campus events. She also goes beyond GHC to assist high schools during special recruitment nights and conduct mock interviews.

Starting as a professor of communications in 2003, Leslie Johnson has been working at GHC for nearly 20 years before becoming the Cartersville Campus Dean.

“That means that I collaborate with colleagues in various departments of campus ranging from Facilities to Student Services, faculty and staff just to make sure that we provide everything that our students need for success,” Johnson said.

Her duties involve coordinating events to involve students on campus.

“I am engaged with some of our colleagues to plan different kinds of events on campus, whether that’s what we call our Christmas Jingle Mingle or to have special pop-up dates for our students,” Johnson said. “Many times we serve hot chocolate or coffee outside our office just to brighten up the environment.” 

Besides on campus, Johnson participates in community organizations in Bartow County.

“I’m involved with a lot of the activities going on,” Johnson said. “I am also on several of the boards with our nonprofits. I was on the Bartow County board for a while, and I currently serve on our chamber board.” 

While she is working, Johnson interacts with many people, which has become her favorite part of her job.

“I really enjoy getting to work with the variety of people, everyone from faculty and staff, to our students and community members,” Johnson said. “It keeps things really interesting.”