Georgia Highlands Lady Chargers beat Albany Tech 84-63

Lady Chargers won a hard fought conference game against Albany Tech on Dec. 8. GHC opened the game strong leading 18-9 after the first quarter. Albany Technical would fight back, though. GHC would head to the Locker room with only an 8 point lead at the half. The Lady Chargers would open the second half strong scoring 15 points in the third quarter and then 26 in the fourth quarter. Jahnarria Brown ended the game with 16 points and 9 rebounds. The starting five for GHC ended the game with points in the double digits. The final score of the game was 84-63.

The Lady Chargers dominated East Georgia State in a GCAA conference game at Swainsboro, Georgia on Dec. 5. The Lady Chargers ended the first quarter 20-12 and led by 22 points at the half. The final score was 76 to 45. The Lady Chargers led with not only points but with assists, steals and rebounds as well. Jessica Yates scored the most points for either team with 18. She also had five steals with four assists. Sharai Lay finished with 10 rebounds with 12 points.

The Lady Chargers played Salt Lake Community College at the Southern Idaho Classic at Twin Falls on Nov. 1. They fell to Salt Lake 63-79.

Their second game was against College of Southern Idaho. The Lady Chargers also fell to them as well 73-85.

The College of Southern Idaho and Salt lake Community College are both in the NJCAA top 25. The Lady Chargers fell out of the NJCAA top 25 but, they did get some votes.

The Lady Chargers next home game is Saturday, Jan. 12 against Central Georgia Technical College at 2 p.m. at the Corral.

The Lady Chargers next home game will be Jan. 12 against a conference opponent, Central Georgia Technical College.