GHC Honors Night going digital

In the past, GHC Honors Night has been an event where faculty and staff gather to honor student achievements in an awards ceremony.

With social distancing measures currently in place to quell the spread of COVID-19 per guidance from the World Health Organization, large gatherings like an awards ceremony are not possible.

Director of Student Life, John Spranza, is working with faculty and staff, as well as the Marketing and Communications department and GHTV on a video presentation to make sure that award recipients can still be honored and presented with their awards.

“We have asked faculty to submit short videos in which they announce the award winner or winners for each award,” said Spranza. “Once we have a list of student award winners, we will reach out to them and request a suitable picture of themselves that we can use in the presentation.”

Once the video and photo submissions are compiled, the team will work to add graphics and music to the presentation.

Although a specific release date has yet to be established, Spranza says he and the others hope to have all this complete before the end of May.
Spranza says that a link to the video presentation will be emailed directly to award winners and will be posted for public viewing on the GHC website.

According to Spranza, students who are nominated for or receive an award or recognition, will receive their certificates in the mail.