Fall Frenzy coming to all campuses

Russell Chesnut

Students can win prizes by dressing in costume at the Halloween party on the Cartersville campus on Oct. 25.

Ammad B. Caesar, Managing Editor

Students have the opportunity to explore new clubs during Fall Frenzy, a weeklong event where registered student organizations will set up booths to show what they have to offer.

The event schedule with campuses is as follows:

Cartersville — Monday, Oct. 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Douglasville — Tuesday, Oct. 26 

Floyd — Wednesday, Oct. 27

Marietta and Paulding  — Thursday, Oct. 28

The Spanish Activities Club, the Gaming Club and the Old Red Kimono will be hosting a Halloween party in the ballroom on the Cartersville campus on Monday, Oct. 25 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be a costume contest, refreshments and a movie.

Helping Hands — a nonprofit dedicated to spreading awareness about human trafficking — will also be making an appearance.

“[Helping Hands will] be there throughout the Fall frenzy leading up to their seminar on November 2,” said Matthew Perry, Student Government Association President and Cartersville student.

“[Phi Theta Kappa] will also be joining [Helping Hands] on the seminar and on the campuses,” said Perry, “They’re going to have a booth set up for information, and PTK will also be involved with that as well.”

The Student Veterans of America Club will be giving out information alongside representatives of the Marietta Vet Center. James Atkins and Ron Hackney of the MVC will be making appearances on the Cartersville and Floyd campuses to discuss benefits they offer for veterans.

GHC Veterans Affairs Coordinator, Amy Wise, said “[The MVC] discuss things with current military affiliated students related to things like their VA benefits, disability claims, employment, referrals, pensions, various medical issues and counseling services.”

The Spanish Activities Club will be making paper flowers on the Cartersville campus on Monday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos. The club plans to serve churros from local Mexican restaurant, Los Arcos. 

“Come out and get your churros!” said Kathryn Garcia, Professor of Spanish and adviser of the Spanish Activities Club.