Floyd County Elementary gifted students meet on campus for Kaleidoscope “Build It” events

Floyd County Elementary Schools gifted students gathered at Georgia Highlands Floyd campus for their annual event.

The event’s focus changes from year to year. This year, the theme was “Build It.” Past themes include a Mystery Fest, an international Caravan Study and a politically themed event based on a presidential election.

On November 8, 272 students from first through third grade met for the “Build It” event. 220 Floyd county elementary. Kaleidoscope students in fourth and fifth grade met on November 15 for the same event.

“This is an accumulation end to our semester on architecture,” says teacher Allison Espy.

Students split into 10 groups to rotate through 10 different architectural themed stations. The stations ranged from hands on arts and crafts to learning dance that helps students remember the process of building.

Floyd County Elementary Schools represented at the event were Garden Lakes, Armuchee, Cave Spring, Alto Park, Model, Pepperell, and Johnson

K-scope students were not the only young people at the event.

“We are so blessed to have interns help manage the stations,” said Criss Arrlington.

These interns included Coosa High school students involved in the Executive Internship Program. This internship program is a volunteer opportunity where students gain workplace experience and learn more about different jobs and career fields to help them decide on future career goals.

Photos by Olivia Fortner 

Students from all over the county practice their teamwork and building skills after a semester of architectural focused learning.

IMG_1094 IMG_1073 copy IMG_1074 copy