Second eight-week semester brings big events, seasonal change

Abby Chesnut

On Oct. 19, SGA members will vote to rename the SCORE learning tool for students. This will help with better technology navigation for students as leaders are collaborating with the IT department to revamp the student engagement website, increasing outreach and marketing to all students.

Woman to Woman will gear up to host “Halloween Glow Night” on Oct. 27 at the Cartersville campus from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. With participation from students and faculty, the community is invited out as well to this night of festive activities. 

Partnering with SGA, student clubs will participate and help with activities, such as glow-in-the-dark face painting by the art club. A showing of the movie “Halloweentown” will go along with refreshments and a haunted trail.

Inflatable activities and hayrides will be set up and the Oakland Heights Church will provide trucks and trailers for hayrides.

Ending the festive month, the gaming club will host a Halloween party on Oct. 31 in the Floyd campus Solarium from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. The party will have a showing of selected movies and a costume contest. Games and activities will be set up as refreshments will be served.

November brings a season of fellowship as faculty members prepare to host the “Friends of Library” event. This will be the first year it is hosted on the Cartersville campus as it is normally held at the Rome Civic Center.

It will be open to students and faculty, as well as the community. More than 50 vendors will set up tables to sell a variety of arts and crafts. The school’s cafe will be open for guests to grab lunch while attending the event.

With so many upcoming events and activities, students are encouraged to get involved on campus and begin to transition into the holiday season.