Game day for Georgia Highlands College Charger Montrel Goldston II

An Albany Tech player tries to block Montrel Goldston II during the game on Jan. 8. Photo by Ryan Jones
An Albany Tech player goes to block Montrel Goldston II during the game on Jan. 8. Goldston scored a total of 11 points during the game. Photo by Ryan Jones

Montrel Goldston II, originally from Greensboro, N.C., is a freshman guard for the Chargers basketball team who is in his first season with the team.

His daily routine on game day doesn’t waiver from his normal days. He gets up and does what he usually does every day: Shower, eats breakfast, gets dressed and goes to class. He is focused, and he likes to keep everything as normal as possible.

Many athletes listen to music on the buses en route to their games. It is sort of a calming technique to get away from everything and help focus on the task at hand. Listening to the music playing in the gym during warm-ups helps him focus on the game ahead. Drake and Meek Mill are some of the artists found on Goldston’s iPod.

Montrel Goldston II charges past the defense during the game against Albany Tech. Chargers win with a final score of 68-60. Photo by Ryan Jones