Sometimes the hardest decision is the best decision to make

Sometimes the hardest decision  is the best decision to make

My decision to come to Georgia Highlands was one of the hardest, most beneficial of my life thus far. Even though I desperately wanted to go, due to my anxiety issues, I wasn’t sure if college was even in the picture for me.

Thankfully, I had a good friend who took the time to sit down with me and help me choose a school that worked for me. Because I made that decision, I am about to graduate with an associate degree in journalism.

Students need to realize that getting involved in activities is beneficial even at a two-year school. The experiences I have gained while writing for the SMP are extremely valuable.

I attended a conference in Savannah, Ga. and was able to attend several workshops led by professionals in the fields of study that I was interested in.

I was also able to meet with people from all over the state who were interested in and cared about the same things I did.

Working for the SMP has helped me hone my writing skills, learn how to develop valuable connections and given me a taste of the environment in which I plan to work. Joining the SMP is one of those experiences that is either going to validate your decision or cause you to completely change your plans.

The next stop on my academic journey is going to be Georgia Southern University, where I plan to get my bachelor’s in communications.