Cartersville campus spring intramurals happening now

Cartersville campus spring intramurals  happening now

Georgia Highlands College has some great options for students looking to join an intramural at the Cartersville campus.

There are some that haven’t even started yet that students can still sign up for.

The Ping-Pong team has even participated in tournaments statewide, according to the Cartersville director of intramural activities, Clifton Puckett.

Puckett kicked off March with a March Madness NCAA bracket for his intramural groups. Points were scored based on each win so people didn’t have to worry about any bracket busters.

As for the rest of the semester, there will be a 3v3 basketball tournament that starts on April 17 at 3:30 p.m.

There will also be indoor soccer that starts on April 18 at 3:30 p.m. and a billiards tournament on April 24 at 2 p.m. in the game room.

For all of these events, students can either simply show up at the start of the event or pre-register by contacting Puckett at [email protected] or 678-872-8006.

Puckett said, “I encourage students to get involved with intramurals because it’s one more form of engagement for them, and an engaged student typically has better chances of success.”

Puckett continued, “It’s also a good way to expose students to things they’ve never tried before.”

More information on intramurals can be found in the Cartersville campus Student Center building.

People may also contact Puckett for more information.