GHC Chargers land weekend wins in basketball and baseball

GHC had a big winning week in all sports this weekend.

The Chargers beat Southern Crescent Technical College 77-69 on Feb. 2 at the Corral. Khalyl Waters led the way in points and in rebounds with 21 and 10. Chris Wright added to the offense with 10 assists and 11 points. Carl Johnson helped on defense with 7 steals and 2 rebounds.

The Chargers’ next game will be Saturday, Feb. 9, at home against South Georgia Technical College.

The Lady Chargers defeated Southern Crescent Technical College 87-51 on Feb. 2 at the Corral. Nijeria Jordan led the game in assists with 8 and had 20 points. Ciara Thompson led the game with 10 rebounds and 25 points. Jessica Yates helped on offense with 13 points.

Thompson is Division I women’s player of the week in the GCAA. Last week she averaged 22points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 assists.

The Lady Chargers will play their next game at home on Feb. 6 at 5:30 p.m. against Central Georgia Technical College.

GHC’s softball team won the series against Motlow State Community College on Feb. 2 by scores of 5-3 and 6-1. Kara Knight faced 28 batters in seven innings with 7 hits and 1 walk. Lexi Palazzo had two at-bats with 1 hit and 1 RBI. Kara Knight had three at-bats with 2 hits and 1 RBI.

The softball Lady Chargers will play their next game Feb. 9 at Stars Field against Spartanburg Methodist.

The Chargers played a three-game series against Chattanooga State Community College Feb. 1 and won two games, 6-4 and 11-9, and lost one, 7-6.

In the first game Dalton Rhadans pitched 3.2 innings with 8 hits and 6 runs. Lavoisier Fisher had two at-bats with 2 hits. GHC would go on to lose that game 7-6.

The second game began with trace Twardoski pitching two innings and allowing one walk. Parker Orr had three at-bats with 2 hits and 1 RBI. The Chargers won 6-4.

In the third game, Lavoisier Fisher had three at-bats with 3 hits to help on offense. GHC won 11-9.

The baseball Chargers’ next game will be against Cleveland State Community college at 3 p.m. on Feb. 5 at LakePoint. They take on Brewton Parker College in a double header at 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. at LakePoint on Feb. 6.