Students still have time to sign up for some intramurals

Sign-ups and plans for spring intramurals are still taking place for both Cartersville and Floyd campuses.

Melissa Wood, Cartersville intramural director, has several activities listed for the spring semester.

The last day to sign-up for 5-on-5 basketball is Feb. 28. The tournament will begin in March.

Soccer sign-ups are currently taking place and end March 31. The soccer tournament will begin in April.

Flag football, Billiards and a Texas Hold’em poker tournament are also possible for spring, along with white water rafting and spelunking for late spring or early summer.

The campus recently formed a recreational golf team. “We are very excited about our new golf team,” said Wood. The team’s first game is scheduled for March 2, and they will be playing throughout the rest of the spring semester.

Jonathan Merritt, Floyd intramural coordinator, has created a “tentative” schedule of events for the Floyd campus.

The annual Ping-Pong tournament schedule was posted, and the tournament began Feb. 19. The champion will receive a trophy and also have his or her picture taken by the Six Mile Post.

The schedule for those who signed up for the 3-on-3 and/or 5-on-5 basketball tournament has been released. The first set of basketball games began Feb. 21.

Sign-ups for the pool tournament ended Feb. 24. The brackets will be posted in the game room on Feb. 26. The first week of the pool tournament is March 3.

Beach Volley Ball sign-ups end March 7. The schedule will be posted March 17, and the first week of games will be March 24.

Merritt recently added a dodge ball competition to the intramural schedule. Sign-ups are currently taking place and will end March 14. The competition begins March 17.

“I also have plans for an Ultimate Frisbee tournament,” Merritt said.

For more information on how to sign-up for these activities contact Merritt at [email protected], or Wood at [email protected].