New building for Catersville campus

From left Renva Watterson Vice President for Academic Affairs,Todd Jones Vice President for Student Affairs, Leslie Johnson Cartersville Campus Dean, Steve Wrigley Chancellor of the University System of Georgia, Donald Green President of Georgia Highlands College, Mary Transue Vice President of Advancement, Lucas Lester Student Government President and  Jeff Davis Vice President of Finance & Administration participate in ground breaking at Cartersville campus. Photo by Kaileb Webb
From left Renva Watterson Vice President for Academic Affairs,Todd Jones
Vice President for Student Affairs, Leslie Johnson Cartersville Campus Dean, Steve Wrigley Chancellor of the University System of Georgia, Donald Green
President of Georgia Highlands College, Mary Transue Vice President of Advancement, Lucas Lester Student Government President and Jeff Davis
Vice President of Finance & Administration participate in ground breaking at Cartersville campus.
Photo by Kaileb Webb

Georgia Highlands’ Cartersville campus broke ground on the campus’ third building on April 26. The new academic building is scheduled to open Fall 2018.

President Don Green thanked our elected officials, including the members of the Georgia General Assembly, Foundation Board members, Business Education and community leaders in the audience for their support and involvement in the creation of the new building.

He also recognized the architecture firm Stanley Beaman & Sears, and construction company Juneau, representatives of which were in the audience.

President Green also gave special thanks for the students, faculty and staff. The audience mainly consisted of faculty and staff of GHC. He thanked them saying, “Students are why we exist. Our faculty and staff are completely committed to student success. Thank you to all of you for being a part of the Georgia Highlands community, helping us thrive, and providing talent to northwest Georgia.”