Green says Douglasville site may move locations

Douglasville campus may be moved from its current location on Stewart Parkway. Photo by Allison Whitley

As GHC’s ten-year lease at the Douglasville site nears its end, the college is considering its options in regard to renegotiating the lease or possibly moving to a different location.

Donald Green, GHC president, said, “We are currently exploring options in terms of our current location to maintain our low fees.” GHC is either going to stay at the current Douglasville location or move to a lower cost facility.

Green said, “We want to improve our financial situation because we don’t want to move somewhere to affect the budget.” GHC is currently looking into the idea and negotiating potential new locations in Douglasville, however nothing is final yet. The location of the site may not change but the decision to explore other options for the site arose following the ending of the lease.

GHC is beginning to talk to those in charge of their lease at the current Douglasville sight and the Board of Regents to come up with a final decision.

According to Green, the decision will be final in about six months, but this is a rough estimate. If the current Douglasville site lease is not renewed GHC will still provide classes in Douglasville at another location in the area.

According to Green, GHC has a good relationship with the Douglasville community and hopes to continue to provide low cost education to students in Douglasville.